Monday 20 June 2011

Lust Item of The Day

So, it would appear that I am not a 30 day-in-a-row blogging kind of girl...in my defence, I am in the middle of moving - complete with a possessed elevator that decided to let me know just how out of shape I am by making me move up three flights of stairs, two weekends in a row - and have no internet at home right now. Clearly I have "the interweb" at work however, I feel as though my boss would appreciate me using my time a bit more wisely - the googling of delicious goodies of a wide variety and watching episodes of My Drunk Kitchen notwithstanding. I do though have all of the Challenges saved and will get to them...no, I will. I think. 

For now though, I feel like reinstating my faith in the Universe and the laws of attraction. I have been basically blah and not into much since my Grandpa passed away. My husband and I feel like our move to this amazing new apartment - I feel like stealing from the Mad Men set...I mean borrowing, not stealing...actually, no, I want to keep that shiz so I guess pilfering it is! - is a new chapter for us. I think he's right and I think I need it; I feel the urge to go blonde, chop off my hair and have an adventure and this is a sure sign for me that change is coming or that I need to make it come if it's not. Short story long, I was perusing my usual vegan sites and came across some of the best nail polish I have ever seen, on The Kind Life. They're from Kaia House and I want them all; I am in LUST. Think OPI mixed with Essie but vegan and without all that nasty crap that is so bad for you and the environment (I can say that because I just painted my toes a lovely pink from OPI because man are old habits hard to put the kibosh on!). What's that, you need more of an incentive to order; how does 30% off sound? Amazing? Yes, I know. If you are a Kind Life reader, there is a discount code you can use for said 30% off - doesn't get much better than that! I picked my super fun colours - St. Barths, Tampa, Miami and the top coat - go to the check out and use my discount to get a super awesome price. Then I switch to CDN and bam, $26 in shipping...cue sad vegan. 


In my goal of being more fiscally responsible - read adult like - I don't think that I can justify spending more on shipping than the polish...that's not being negative, that is just a fact. So, here is where the Universe comes in. I am going to turn on the old attraction laws and see what happens...what say we reconvene in 4 weeks with a happy story that involves me getting my polish without that shipping? Done!

:)


(meet Miami, St. Barths and Tampa!)




St. Barths

Miami

Tampa
 














1 comment:

  1. OOHHH, Miami won, today. Tomorrow, Tampa. Save St. Barths for when our toes touch the sand together. Good blog. We can be blog-out buddies, if too far to be work-out support. Challenge, away!

    ReplyDelete