Monday 6 June 2011

Day 4 - 30 Day Trust Writing Challenge

If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?

Well, post 3 is missing and I am a few days behind... In my defense (I know, I know, excuses...), we are about to move and are in packing mode. That being said, I am going to catch up this week so forgive me if there are multiple posts. Day 3 will be posted sometime in the next few weeks as I would like to be moved and into my new home before I start it.

One of the lusts of this lusty vegan is travel which, unfortunately, I don't get to do very often so this is a lust that is not often satiated...I am however, determined it will be though, and soon. I can't pick just one place I want to see because there are so many things I need to do; sip coffee in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower; drink a delicious wine with a locally made marinara sauce - from San Marzano tomatoes of course - in Italy; lay on a white sand beach with a great book in hand, just absorbing as much sun as possible all while eating a sweet, ripe papaya and drinking a lovely, girly, fruity alcoholic beverage in Bora Bora; I want to see Scotland and take something that belonged to my Grandfather and bury it there in his honour...this is a quite a small sample of the places I want to see and doesn't really being to cover the all of the places I want to get to or all of the reasons why.

How am I going to get there...? Well, until my X-Men teleportation skills develop I do need a plan I suppose. The problem for me is coming up with said plan - or any plan for that matter. I would love to meld my love of photography and travel but I'm not sure what this looks like. I have heard of people working for Expedia and similar places and their job is to travel to different places, take pictures and possibly write about the experience. The problem for me is that I have no idea how to go about doing this or who to contact. So I suppose that my, how I will make it happen, will be figuring this out. Also, not procrastinating on this because I am a master procrastinator...it would be impressive it wasn't such a bad habit!

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I am absolutely loving your blog! You are an incredibly gifted and talented writer! Here's a little writing challenge, write out your living vision, as if it's already happening, in the present tense. It will be FUN and your body doesn't know the difference between real and imagined so you'll get the champagne bubbles in your tummy and feel all warm and content inside. Then we can get together and make vision boards - yay!!

    ReplyDelete