Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 5 - 30 Day Trust Writing Challenge

Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.
Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?
(Author: Jonathan Mead)

I swear, it really is like the Universe plopped this challenge right in front of me...I have been having a bit of an introspective time lately and realizing that I am just living my life on the sidelines for the most part. I am going to keep this as short as possible and just list off the things I need to put on the "Stop" list and leave it at that. 

- stop watching so much TV
- stop worrying about money all of the time
- stop worrying about what people think of my decisions in life; I am the one that has to live with them and if I am happy that is what should matter
- stop beating myself up over past blunders
- stop being so lethargic
- stop talking about doing things but when the time comes, letting the moment pass by
- stop being so afraid of succeeding in life (I have no idea where this comes from but I am getting really sick of it)

The bonus question...I don't actually feel like there is always something better out there rather I feel a little out of place; it's like a large chunk of the time I feel like I should be elsewhere. I heard a saying the other day and while I can't remember it, the basic gist is that you having the feeling of being homesick for somewhere that you've never been; that is me. I feel like my life should be spent travelling the word, taking pictures and loving life with my husband. I don't feel like I belong behind a desk (which is where I am 40 hours a week - granted it is at a job I like with great people) not really being challenged...

Who knows, maybe this challenge will help me to figure some things out and find what it is I am meant to be doing with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment